Tuesday 18 December 2012

Smooth Criminal

FINALLY GOT MY CRB CERTIFICATE THROUGH!!!!! It only took them 6 months andddd.... *drumroll* it turns out I am not a criminal! Woohoo! After waiting for so long a lot of us all started getting them within a couple of days so that was exciting haha! 

Just re-read my last post - I need to email the arrivals team. In fact I may do that as soon as I finish this ... unless I get distracted by something which is always a danger with me! Yesterday the last group of CRP applicants got their results from the face to face interviews which is pretty exciting as it means more people to get to know! I had been giving advice to a guy through the WDWIP forum for months and felt like a proud mentor when I found out he was successful!! 

I missed out on a Disney meet up :( Very sad face! On Sunday I was originally going to meet with Connor and Lynne (who I haven't met yet) as Lynne was in Glasgow... but I was working. Bah! I was originally meant to finish at 12... then it became 3... and I didn't leave till after half 4! The joys of working in hospitality during December! I've been working long shifts and feel pretty exhausted by it all, but thankfully the party stuff is nearly all over. I had my first staff night out a couple weeks ago and that was fun! Then we were supposed to have our official staff lunch on Sunday there but it was moved to January (meh!) cos we are just too busy. So I arranged to go out with a bunch of staff on the Sunday anyway... another fun night although by the end I was so tired I could have cried! Think I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Then I ended up going out last night as well and again I was really tired but I managed to make the most of it. Probably not such a bad thing that I've been so tired as it makes me behave myself on nights out!

In other exciting news, I just bought myself a new camera... I really wanted a good one for taking to Florida and ended up spending a small fortune on the new Samsung Galaxy camera. Merry Christmas to me haha!! I think once Christmas and New Year is out the way then I'm pretty much going to become a hermit as I really need to prioritise and start hardcore saving and getting organised!! Only 16 weeks to go now so before I know it, I'll be back off to London to get my visa! 




2 comments:

  1. Really loveeed reading your blog, it has gotten me so excited for the next applications! i just hope, fingers crossed that i make it like you did! im keeping my own blog too, so wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, I do like a bit of positive feedback haha!! Good luck with applications when they open again!

    ReplyDelete