Friday 4 January 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Remember that time I said I was going to email my details to the arrival team, but there was a danger of me getting distracted? Then you can probably guess where this is going... woops! I will have done it before my next blog post!!! I've just been paid today as well so need to get my health insurance sorted. I'm just doing the initial four months and then going onto Disney employee insurance. For those not in the know, you need health insurance before your even allowed into the country. You have two choices - pay a full year upfront with a company like STA or pay for the first four months, and then after that you qualify for employee health insurance from Disney. The money comes out your paycheck and is apparently a lot more convenient. 

Christmas and New Years is out the way... but life at work is still pretty crazy busy. My hotel does a "January sale" package which is dirt cheap and they get dinner, bed, breakfast, complimentary mini bar and access to a lounge with more complimentary booze. So it tends to attract a different sort of clientèle.... euchhhhhhhh. I've been working at least ten hours a day, totally understaffed and trying to resolve a million and one issues (the fun of being late duty manager) but..... I'm now off work for two whole days!! A Friday and a Saturday!! And its payday!! So being the crazy person that I am, I'm actually staying in my work tonight haha. It was my best friends birthday between Christmas and New Year but she wasn't well and I couldn't get the time off so we are making up for it tonight. 

My Christmas was ok... I was off Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day but I was so utterly exhausted that I spent a lot of it sneaking off for naps. On Christmas Day my sister, her boyfriend and my little nephew came over and I had fun opening presents with the wee guy. He's only six months old and hasn't really got a clue about what was happening but it was still entertaining. And I was getting a lot of use with my fancy new camera taking a million photos of him lol!



Only 95 days to go now, which is roughly 14 weeks.... its getting very real!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment