Tuesday 22 January 2013

11 weeks to go!!

And it's still going crazy fast! Its really kind of getting me worried now, there's just SO much to do. Like I can't just leave my bedroom the way it is with all my belongings as there's going to be yet more work done to the house while I'm away, meaning that my brother will have to move into my room while they put a bathroom on his side. I'm constantly just picking through things, throwing out things, giving stuff to charity and there's still SOOOO much! But I don't want to get rid of everything, I just want it to be more compact haha!! 

I've still not heard back from STA travel about insurance, even though funnily enough I got another generic email from them telling me about their insurance?? Weird... I've looked into other companies but its all a bit mind boggling so I'm going to go back and email STA for a quote. Annoying that their rates have gone up this year though... that's what I get for putting it off!

I've pulled out all my Disney-related documents and put them in a ring binder which is now beside my bed, along with a pad and pen. I tend to randomly think of things or lists, stuff I need to do/pay, etc in the middle of the night so I try to write stuff down so that (a) I don't forget and (b) so that I don't lie awake all night worrying that I will forget!

I'm going to start putting/ chucking stuff into a suitcase that I've got in mind for Florida. Mainly to keep it separate from everything that's getting stored or thrown out or donated. Too many piles! I need to sort out my phone contract, cancel direct debits and basically sort out my financial situation before I go... eugh... Visa paperwork should be arriving shortly and then there will be another trip to London to get that organised. I'm going to be trying to get it over and done with asap so I can stop thinking about it! 

People keep asking me about a leaving party ... I have a date and venue in mind so I will be getting that organised shortly as well. Sooooo much to plan! I've been chatting A LOT to the guys on our various facebook groups. The next lot of people will be heading out next week, it makes it seem so real yet again! After this it will be back to groups leaving every couple of weeks. Although there is still only 2 UK people on my date.... if there's someone else out there please let yourself be known!! There's a lot of Canadians and quite a few Italians.. I think my UK arrival group is the smallest. So you never know, someone who is applying this round may get asked to go in April, especially if they got wait listed before! I briefly got to see Abbie this past weekend as she's away next week. She was meeting up with Hayley and Connor and a couple of the guys who we haven't met before but have just got dates. So I got to briefly say hiya to Hayley and Mark and missed seeing Connor and Gary cos I had to go to work. Sad face :(

Euchhhhhh.... work. It's not been the best couple of weeks. Been upset by a few people and getting to know  who my real friends are. Only got about 9 weeks left there after 4 years though, I can get through it. I've been off for several days now as I've had the stomach bug that has been going round everyone. Unpleasant but a welcome distraction! 

So this has been a wee bit of a length post so I will leave you with this.... my Minnie Mouse pj's. Cos they are awesome :)



No comments:

Post a Comment