Thursday 31 January 2013

FRIENDS!!!!

Literally just after my last post I found out that we FINALLY have two more UK-er's in my arrival group! One of them got a call that day and the other one had recently got a date and was hiding lol. So there's now three UK girls and one boy... me, (the other) Jen, Harriet and Scott. And Scott is from Glasgow as well, yay! 

The last arrival group went on Tuesday (2 days ago), the next leaves in two weeks, the next is 3 weeks after that, then the next is 2 weeks and then mines is 3 weeks after that!! Its getting soooooooooo close!! And I'm still as disorganised as ever. I'm in a bit of a mental mind block until the visa is out of the way... its like I'm unwilling to part with large amounts of money or anything until this big thing is done and dusted. I just my visa petition would hurry up and get here but it should be soon hopefully as I can't bare it being dragged out much longer!

Our facebook groups are pretty funny at the moment, we are all so hyper/nervous/excited that we post pretty much non stop alllllllllllllllllllllllllll day and night long, the amount of notifications can be completely crazy! I don't know how anyone can get through this without constantly talking about it. There has been a mega change in housing which has thrown everyone.... the CRP's are now being mixed into the other complexes and not just the Commons/Patterson Court. Every person from the last group, with the exception of one who was put into Patterson, was placed in different apartments in Vista Way and Chatham Square. Previously there were no Americans living at the Commons but they've moved them in now so its really different. There was also a brief period where they sent out forms where you could put preferences for where you wanted to live and who you want to live with but that's gone as well now! It is now completely random and luck of the draw, so don't get too excited about living with your friends! Part of the experience is about living with people from different cultures though so if you don't think you can deal with that, then maybe this isn't right for you...

Wasted a bit of time writing this when I should be getting ready for work, oops, mad rush time! But here is a picture of the amazing pink travel wallet my mum got me :) So excited to use it, 68 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment