Tuesday 5 March 2013

Only 5 weeks to go!!!

AND STILL NO VISA!!!

Extremely frustrating as I can't plan for anything as if it comes this week, I'll be in London next week depending on what days are available and what I can get off of work. They send the visa petitions in batches so the next couple of arrival groups after mine will get theirs at the same time, so hopefully I'll get to see some faces when I'm down in London :) I've paid the PAF (Program Assessment Fee) and I'm just waiting to get the visa stuff out the way and then I'll get my health insurance paid off. 

As time is ticking by really quickly now, I've started to get more organised. I've bought some new clothes (I genuinely needed them, I've lost A LOT of weight over the last year and none of my summer stuff fits!) , extra batteries, an external charger and a much better case for my camera and lots of plugs lol!! I got extremely excited when on Amazon.co.uk I found a 4 plug extension cable that is UK to US. I'm not the only one to get excited about this lol, we all went a bit nuts on Facebook when I found them haha! I also got some other adapters... seriously, I am the queen of plugs at this point lol! I have a few more bits and pieces to buy and I'm trying to not go too crazy with clothes. I also need to get suitcases but leaving that as long as possible as I don't have space for them. 

There's a Disney meet up next Monday which is REALLLLLY tempting to go to as its only £16.50 to get down there and back by bus but I should really just behave myself and concentrate on going to London instead. I just like random trips to random places... I get itchy feet to go somewhere different!

There is an arrival group heading off to Florida today! Think all of them are in the air already now... cannot wait to stalk their photos! The next group after this goes in two weeks... and then my arrival group is next!!!! CRAZY!!! Literally feels like no time at all now and I am so excited for seeing everyone out there :)

This also marks Day One of a fourteen day detox/diet. I've been overly stressed out, not sleeping well and having horrible nightmares - including being attacked by a HUGE dog, a guy trying to slash my throat and waking myself up by shouting "I NEED A NEW VISA FORM" after a weird embassy nightmare. So I'm doing a two weekend plan to get me in tip top shape for Florida. I really want to shift some more weight and this plan is full of green veg (which I love), healthy proteins and no wheat/gluten (which I can't eat) so I'm looking forward to some good results!

Hopefully the next blog post will be about getting my visa!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen !

    I totally know what you're talking about so frustrating having no news from IS (the french compagny which is Yummy for you)... All my collegues who are going to work at the french bakery and restaurant and who leave April 9th like me (and you) already have their package and embassy appt for a month now ! I don't know why it's so long for us (CRP program)...
    Anyway good luck for the waiting !
    Marine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just got SO excited reading your blog!! I hope you get your visa sorted soon! We're all waiting for YJ to send us ours, I don't think time or money crosses their minds! You must be so crazily excited, can't believe it is so soon until you go out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks! Good news - IT CAME TODAY!!!! Visa appointment is booked for next Wednesday!! Will be blogging all about it soon enough!

    ReplyDelete