Thursday 28 March 2013

It's the final countdown!!!

FEELING ALL OF THE EMOTIONS! 

And yet... I'm a bit numb... it comes and goes in waves! I've had a pretty manic couple of weeks since coming back from my visa trip but tonight I finished my last shift at work after four years there! 

My visa arrived safe and sound, they send you a text to tell you the day before that it will be arriving, and it arrived on the 19th around 8:15am. They do say that you will need to show ID to recieve the parcel but my mum answered the door and they guy didn't ask. Another guy from Glasgow didn't get asked for ID but all the English people did. Maybe our delivery guy was just more trusting/lazy?? Regardless, it's here and I made photocopies as advised of the visa page, passport page and front page of my passport. So much paperwork! 

So the only official thing I have to do now is get my health insurance sorted and I'll be doing that in the next week, I've just been too busy with work to do anything else. I had a new manager starting and have had A LOT of training to do with him and other new staff. My replacement has also been hired.... how weird! I wanted to finish tomorrow (Friday) when it's busy and lots of people to see but couldn't because of conflicting issues with the rota so finished up tonight. Having my leaving party on Saturday at the bar next to my work which a lot of people are looking forward to as it's not often that we all go out en-mass. 

Sooooo.... the next 11 days will be filled with packing, organising insurance (I know what I want, I just need to pay for it so not a huge deal), catching up with friends and seeing my sister and my nephew. Breaks my heart at leaving some of these people but it's not forever. Think the hardest is leaving my nephew as he will almost be 2 when I get home and he's not even 1 yet! 


Just a glimpse of "the bad photo"... 


No comments:

Post a Comment