Tuesday 2 April 2013

This time next week...

I'll be landing in Orlando, Florida!!!

Where the hell have the last few weeks gone? 

I finished work on Thursday, was a pretty boring shift to be honest. On Friday I just finally got to chill (and sleep properly without stressing about work) and started the preparations for my leaving party on Saturday :)
Saturday night was fun, lot of people made it, even if it was just briefly and I managed to not get really drunk which was a bonus. Howeverrrr... I totally forgot to take a single photo! Fail!! I was so busy running about talking to everyone that I just forgot. Oops. I got lovely presents from my work though so there's some tangible memories!


Sunday was a lazy day. My friend had stayed the night so we had a pj day and watched crap on tv, well deserved. She left and then I headed off to bed so I was up early the next day. Yesterday I went for a goodbye lunch with my best friend and a few cocktails. Feels so weird saying bye to people... it seems more like a normal "see you later" rather than "see you in a year!". I think it's maybe because this has all taken so long so I still don't believe it in my head. There hasn't been a single tear yet! There's been a few moments of sudden panic but then it goes away again. 

Last night I started packing... it's been hanging over me like a dark cloud so I started the marathon task of ironing and packing clothes. Right now I have one full case and piles of stuff to go in the other one. I want to get all that stuff in, see what allowance (if any) I have left before deciding on what else to pap in there haha, and what I will just need to buy there. I have all my clothes, it's just all my bits and bobs I'm thinking about now.

Tomorrow is a day for sorting insurance and more packing. My family are on holiday until Saturday and we have a family dinner planned for Sunday. Before I know it Tuesday will be here so I'm just trying to do as much as possible. I keep hitting a wall of tiredness in the evenings and then end up ironing till 3am but at least it's getting done! So my last pre-Florida blog post is likely to be next Monday - the day before! 

On a side note, I've recently hit over 5,000 page views. So thank you, random blog readers! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really can't manage to pack up... It's awful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost finished. Have a feeling my suitcases may be too heavy though which scares me!

    ReplyDelete