Sunday 5 May 2013

Swings and roundabouts

It's been an up and down kind of week. It's not that I want to go home, I just feel quite unsettled at times. I've cried more times than I care to remember. Buttt..... there are some lovely people out here that have made me feel so much better and picked me up when I'm down. I've been extremely hormonal which explains a lot of the crying!!

At home, before you leave on your big adventure then you're probably talking to people on facebook and going to meet ups... anyone that's read through my whole blog will know that I'm definitely one of those people. Everyone's friendly, everyone's best friends, etc etc etc. In reality, out here it is a lot different. In real life, everyone doesn't love everyone else and are all best friends forever, some people just prefer to hang out with certain people. There's bitching, gossip and it's just a bit of harsh reality. I'm not one of those people that only wants to hang out with a selective group, I like to mix it up.

My living situation is also quite difficult at times. I appreciate and like a bit of quiet time, but alllllll the time can feel extremely lonely. If I stay in this apartment for too long then I go a bit stir crazy. The weather has been pretty rotten recently as well, it's just been rain, rain and more rain. I don't mind that crazy hour of rain you get throughout the summer but at the moment, it's only rain! At home I would walk around puddles and avoid them at all costs, here I just charge through them in my flip flops, there's no way of keeping dry so you might as well just go with it!

That's the Negative Nancy part of my post over with..........

The upside is that the sun is back!! FINALLY!!!!!!

And although there have been some difficult parts of being here, there have been some really fun moments as well! Last week housing had arranged a night called Starlit Splash, where they hired out Typhoon Lagoon for cast members only between 7pm and midnight. Crazy night! DJ on the beach with lots of dancing, free food, t-shirts, jumping about in massive waves, swimming with sharks and fish and Jack Sparrow and other pirates kicking about. Thousands of International and college program participants all in the same park!

The day after I went to Hollywood Studios with Laura and Kailei and although it poured it down with rain, we had a good day! Went for lunch at the Sci-Fi Dine In for the first time which was pretty cool, sitting in a car getting my munch on.... couldn't finish anything though so ended up bringing most of it home in a to-go box, woops! Hid out under cover throughout most of the day and met some characters including the boss man.

The latest arrival group arrived on Tuesday, feels weird to not be the newest people here anymore! Had a similar night to our first night out and went to Cowboys. Got a bit drunker than I normally do here, but think I really just needed to let loose and felt a lot better for it afterwards. Although I did feel drunk for a big part of the next day (although I had no hangover!) so I'm glad I had the day off to just chill out. Went out in the evening (braved the rain!) and went for dinner with a group of people at Outback to finally get the steak I've been craving and it was damn good!!

I've completed my training for now and I'm no longer "Earning My Ears". I actually quite enjoy work, feels good to have some sort of routine going on as I generally have no idea what the day/date is and I tend to wake in a panic that I'm meant to be somewhere but can't remember. On that note... I need to go get ready for work! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment