Thursday 16 May 2013

Where does time fly?

Its been five weeks since we've been here and as ever, I can't ever remember the chronological timeline of events soooooooooo here's just another list of stuff thats been happening!


  • Went to Epcot again with Laura and Kailei and spent the day going round the world showcase checking out shops, eating, taking photographs and a bit of drinking. Finally got my margarita from the Mexican pavilion! We decided to not see Illuminations and instead go over to Boardwalk where we ended up in the ESPN bar watching the hockey game. We were surrounded by Boston fans while the girls support the Leafs so it was a bit awkward. There was one particularly loud and annoying dude that I was ready to go all "Red Ross" on!!


  • The day after this was our one month anniversary! Started the day by going to Publix with Jen which felt like it took forever and then went to do some laundry, etc. Then got the bus to Boardwalk with Jen, Jess and Harriet and got a table at the Riverside Bar and Grill while waiting for Scott to finish work and join us. We got app's while waiting which turned into my downfall as my pityful little appetite meant that I really struggled with my entree. Fail again! We then headed over to Jellyrolls where a couple of the Canadians joined us and we had some big drinks again :)
  • Had Safety in Motion and Basics training classes... the less said the better. Boring! Although the Safety class was pretty bizarre with the rather stupid American guy who kept interrupting the class and then finished off with loudly interrupting and stating that he thought that me and two of the Canadian girls in the class were really hot. Awkward pause all around.
  • I'd kept away from nights out for a while but have gone to HOB and Lasses in the last week. Still on edge a lot, sometimes things around here can seem so much better and then the next day it feels like you're back to square one. I'm definitely struggling with this a lot more than other people are, I just find myself feeling really isolated a lot.
  • I've been working all PM shifts so I've used my mornings to catch up on sleep or lie in the sun for a couple hours... I know I have colour but I still feel pale! The eternal battle to be dark!
  • Yesterday I lay out in the sun with Stacy for a bit and then at night went to Magic Kingdom with most of Stacy's arrival group, via the Polynesian beach to go see Wishes. Found by accident a really good viewing spot so will be camping out there from now on!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment