Friday 25 October 2013

All of the celebrating

Soooo I may have embraced the server lifestyle with very open arms haha!! Been out so much in the last week!

After writing my last blog post I headed over to Epcot to do some Food & Wine with a few people after they finished work. It was CRAZY BUSY!!! Met everyone over at Germany and got myself a grapefruit beer at The Brewers Collection stand which sounds bizarre but is actually pretty amazing! Then we went to China and I got the chicken potstickers and a Happy Lychee cocktail that had vodka and tequila in it. Then we finished off at the Dessert and Champagne stand with a glass of Moet and Guylian chocolate truffles. We all then decided to leave early and make plans to go out later. Then that night a small group of us went to Howl at the Moon on International Drive. Never been before but it was good! Kind of like Jellyrolls with piano playing, but better drinks and more atmosphere! I got a cocktail that came in a bucket and had 68 ounces in it... Defo to blame for the next days hangover!

On Sunday I nursed my hangover and then went back out again that night. Instead of going to House of Blues like normal, I proposed going to Downtown Orlando instead. We went to Ibar but it was pretty quiet and there was a few messed up incidents, like one of the girls nearly having her bar stolen... luckily she realised it had gone and we saw the guys with it before they ran out the door!

On Monday I had the day off again thankfully, and spent the majority of it sleeping! Decided not to go to Lasses that night as I knew I would be mega ill the next day and I had my first shift as a proper server in the morning. 

On Tuesday I headed in for my am shift and had a good little indoor section, managing to turn my tables a couple of times. Boyz II Men were playing as part of "Eat to the Beat" during Food and Wine so a group of us decided to go see them after as we had a change of clothes with us. We went to Italy for dinner and then headed over to the American Adventure and got our seats. It was sooooooooo good! A bit cheesy but not too bad. Knowing they have been around for 22 years makes me feel old. They have a residency in one of the hotels in Vegas at the weekends so it's not too shabby seeing them for free. After the set, we went back to Italy and sat outside drinking Rosa Regale (yummy sparkling red wine) and chatting. Then we left before Illuminations started and it got crazy busy getting out of there.

On Wednesday I had my second am shift and had an indoor section but it was much quieter. I did have a weird incident with two women though! Twin sisters that were about 60 years old at a table together kept asking me weird questions and then one of them asked if the pub had a ghost. I was like "ummm.... no?" She then told me that she could feel a presence and then felt something touch her, that she has a guardian angel but this was different as her angel is a woman, and this was a man. The whole time, the other twin kept giggling and telling me how friendly he was, and the two of them kept telling me not to be scared... not scared, just think the two of them were mental! It was the last day for one of the servers so after the shift a group of us sat outside the pub for a few drinks. Also went to the Irish stand and tried the seafood and lobster fish pie and the chocolate cake with Baileys custard. Another country ticked off! Most people were then going to see Boyz II Men again and then do more drinking but I was feeling tired so just headed home. I had said that I would meet them later but I ended up going to sleep instead.

Yesterday I was really excited for my friend Lesley arriving!!!! Had another am shift and had a lower deck table for the first time. The weather has dropped and its getting much cooler at night, so it makes a difference to where people want to sit. Yesterday was pretty cool so I had a lot of people wanting hot teas and coffees. When I finished up I went home and then went to Walmart to get some bits and pieces for Lesley and then went home to wait for her to land! She got to her hotel about 9pm and I got a taxi over there, laden with stuff. Had a big catch up and did a fair amount of drinking! I have no idea what time we went to sleep, but I felt a bit rough this morning. I was working a pm shift today so packed up, got a taxi to work and then ran around like a crazy woman on lower deck all night. Home now and I'm exhausted, nearly all the PM's went for food and drinks but I just wanted my pjs and my bed. Tomorrow I have another PM shift and then I'll be heading back to the hotel as I won't be back at work until Thursday. Can't wait to have Disney adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment