Thursday 3 October 2013

Birthday Week! And more....

Been so busy recently that finding the time and energy to blog isn't the easiest so here it goes....

As I said in my last post, a group of us had booked tickets for a hockey game at the Amway Center. We had a bit of a crazy trip there, crazy traffic meant that we went a really weird detour and pretty much seen most of Orlando but we finally made it. Our seats were pretty high up but we still got a good view and could totally see what was going on. And we got really into it! I defo think hockey is my game lol.... loving the fights, broken hockey sticks and was just upset there was no blood! Afterwards we went to a nearby bar for some cider before the taxi came to take us home.





Before the hockey game I went to Magic Kingdom with Charlotte to check out the Halloween decorations and have some park time. It did mean that there was a bit of a rush to get back on time to get the taxi downtown but I managed!




On the Friday (the day before my birthday) I was told that we were going to Raglan Road for drinks and I went round to Charlotte's apartment, to be surprised by a bunch of friends dressed up in costumes with a ticket for me to go to Mickeys Not So Scary! Luckily I did bring my Minnie costume with me so that was another sprint back to my apartment to quickly change and get the taxi. If you don't know what it is, it's at Magic Kingdom from 7pm on certain nights and you need a seperate ticket. They play music from spooky Disney films or attractions, have a completely different parade, special fireworks, a villains stage show, different meet and greets.... and lots of candy! You get a bag as you go in and then make your way around the park, stopping off at different locations for trick or treating. A lot of American chocolate and other stuff... and Craisins...?? I had a very full bag by the end of the night! We did a couple of attractions, watched the parade which was amazing, met a few characters and then watched the fireworks. Then we headed to do some more stuff and the final thing was going on Haunted Mansion, where I turned 29. Not a bad birthday at all and I really appreciate the effort my friends made.





On my birthday I had the day off again so I laid out at the pool for a while then headed to the outlets to buy something to wear that night then went to Walmart and then coloured my hair again. Then began getting ready to go out!  A bunch of mates came over to pre-drink and then we headed to downtown Orlando to go to Wall Street which is 8 bars on a closed road that you can wander about. I believe I had a good time haha, there's a lot of blurryness!



The next day I got through my hangover and then got the Iride trolly to my friends hotel. Was so good to see my best friend after so long! We went for some food and then back to their hotel to get my stash of Cadburys and to make a plan of action. On Tuesday I met them at Animal Kingdom and we got round all of that and then went to Hollywood Studios. Which was a bit of a let down! They packed the Indiana Jones show with guests then told us they could only do the first scene because the staging wasn't working. Then Fantasmic was completely rammed full, never seen it so busy and the heavens opened, it poured it down and that got cancelled! My friends were getting picked up from the TTC so we headed back there and it had stopped raining so I took them to the Polynesian beach to watch Hallowishes. The next day I met them at Epcot and we did all the attractions and walked round World Showcase. Glad we did that before Food and Wine hit and it got crazy busy! I was completely exhausted after all of this so headed home to sleep!



The Food and Wine booths had been up for a little bit but it was weird to see them finally open. They did a soft opening on the Thursday and then it properly started on Friday. Friday and Saturday were crazy busy! We're also open an hour later on Fridays and Saturdays during F&W so its long days! I've had fairly long breaks at work so I've been bringing a change of clothes so I can go try food on my break. So far I've been to Scotland and Canada twice, Brazil, Argentina, Morocco and France. Saturday was my last podium shift and I cannot explain how happy I am to not work out there anymore! Was tired on Saturday night so went to the cinema after work for a late movie.

Sunday was my first day of training and me and I was doing it in a different order to what we normally get. The first day was culinary so I had to check out chef whites and work in the kitchen all day. Was a good day, learnt a lot about the different dishes and ate sooooooooooo much food! They make you a big sampler plate with lots of different things to try, I struggled! The next day I had my first day of food running which went well. The day after I had my bar day which I think was my favorite day of my whole program so far! Felt so good to pout drinks again, but it's a whole different way of doing it as they don't measure out the drinks like we do. The night flew by and I was told by my manager that I should get a bar pack so I can do my bar test once I'm properly in service. Wouldn't get in the bar till January, but it would be another wee shake up. Wednesday was my first tipped food running day, yayyy! And I worked freaking hard for that money! It was a tragic shift and we got really busy so I pretty much was running! Didn't get out work till 11pm and still managed to get into the taxi going to Ibar by midnight, result!

I'm now off for four days and then doing 6 days of food running next week which is around 60 hours! My friends leave soon so today I met them at Magic Kingdom and did loads of attractions and watched the parade. Because Mickeys Not So Scary is on we had to leave at 7pm but we got everything done before then, just a shame they couldn't see the fireworks properly! Tomorrow I'm going to meet them at their hotel and then off to Florida Mall :) Think I've summed up everything as well as I can for being completely exhausted!




No comments:

Post a Comment