Sunday 22 July 2012

Disney meet ups are the best!

Ok soooooooooo..........


The way I've started my blogging may confuse some people so I thought I would explain myself a bit. I wanted to do a blog for myself so I can look back on what I did and not forget things, but also so that I could pass on some of the advice I received.
 As I hear more and more peoples Disney story I've seen that a lot of people that now have places, had previously applied 2-3+ times and not got a place. I wish I knew this a few months ago when I was crying "why not me?!" I feel extremely lucky that I actually did get a place, and on my first try! I really did get a lot of good advice and help with the interviews so if that information can be of use to someone else then I'm happy to share!
I didn't want to start blogging until I got a place because I know that if I didn't get the job it could turn into some pretty depressing reading lol, so I kept a kinda list of posts I wanted to make. Once I found out and I felt up to it, I started blogging from the beginning of the application process and changed the dates of the posts so that they fit into the right timeline of things! I like to ramble on a bit so that took a while but tadaaaaaa...... I am finally up to date! (or I will be shortly lol, think I may split this entry as its getting a 'lil lengthy!)


The reason that I have finally got up to date with the blogging is because I have taken a two week "stay-cation". My mum, stepdad and younger brother are in Canada for my cousins wedding and some travelling through Vancouver to Calgary. I decided that this would be a good time for me to take off as I live with them and I need the peace and quiet! I used to have my own place but gave it up when I went back to college and now there's no point in getting somewhere new until after Florida! So its been me and the cat. Exciting times lol! But its given me some much needed time to just chill out and catch up with stuff. I made dinner at my sisters for her and her boyfriend (it was all a ruse so I can see the baby lol), went shopping, joined the gym, met up with a friend and got minging drunk (as much as I love tequila, it doesn't always love me back), etc etc....


But one of the most exciting things was having a little Disney meet up! Yayyyy!!! Myself and two other Scottish girls met up in Glasgow for a wonder round the Disney store (it's really difficult to not tell everyone in the shop, I literally want to grab strangers and scream "I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!" in their faces, scary)... then went to a Wetherspoons for food, a drink and a lot of Disney chat. One of them is headed out in October so she had loads to tell us about  all the stuff we need to organise. Exciting if a little scary! It feels good to talk to people about the whole CRP and Disney stuff without having to explain every little thing, all the time. Sometimes I feel like I spent a ridiculous amount of time talking about Epcot lol. Oh well, better get used to it!


On a completely random note... people are reading my blog! Yay! I wondered if it would just disappear into the wonders of the web but its getting more views every day. Woop! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment