Sunday 22 July 2012

Getting older sucks!!!!

Warning... this could be a bit rant-like at times. Just because I am so mad whenever I think of it!


So almost right after I got "the email" I asked STA travel for a quote for a one way flight. I heard conflicting things and so I wanted to find out whats what. Turns out that if your older than 26 (which I am), you get a bum deal. If your under 26 or a student you can get Virgin flights for around £300 one way. For me its going to be at least 3 times that amount. Seems unfair that Yummy Travel (which seems to be a bit of STA working specifically for YJ's) can't do anything to help me out even though it says in the email sent out ...


 "What are the benefits of booking with the Yummy Travel Team? - Offer exclusive fares and products for all customers, irrelevant of age or student status"


The email I got back seemed to have a bit of a grumpy attitude so going to leave it a bit and then maybe try contacting YJ direct to ask. I was looking at maybe flying via Iceland/Belfast/Amsterdam as these can be cheaper option but that means arriving quite late. When you consider how much time I would then spent in customs before getting my luggage, getting to Vista Way and eventually getting to my apartment... its not practical. So I thought well I could go the day before, stay in a nearby hotel/motel? The latest on the grapevine is that as of 2013, we aren't allowed to enter the country before our arrival date! Becky from YJ has confirmed this to a few people. So basically I have to fork out for the mega expensive flight. I have no idea how the hell this is going to be achieveable and its making me pretty wound up! 


For now I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind until August when the rest of the waiting list should be finding out for defo about getting dates. At the moment there's just me and one other leaving on my date (although we have the same name, just to confuse people!) but I'm hoping for more people to add to our little group! Since I got "the email" theres been a few people contacted and offered jobs for this year. And even one for 3 weeks from now! Crazy! While thats exciting I really couldn't leave with only 3 weeks notice, its really not practical. Hopefully the flights situation will work out.... meh.....


In the spirit of ending this post on a happy note.... a 'lil bit of Tangled happiness! Might go watch it in my bed now... hmmmm....










No comments:

Post a Comment